Osprey Wins: 2013 HISC Glyn Charles Memorial Pursuit Race
An Osprey won this competitive event from an entry of 62 of which 24 finished during a windy race.
Paddy Lewis crewed by Peter Creig won the event from a Merlin Rocket and Streaker. The only other trapeze boat to finish was a Laser 4000 in 13th place.
2013 Nationals Clothing
Order your Osprey Nationals 2013 Shirts NOW!
The design includes a discrete reference to the 60th anniversary of our superb craft. The range of Osprey Nationals shirts this year are as follows:
Colour choices are Charcoal Grey or Navy.
Sizes – XS (34”/36””) , S (36”/38”) , M (38”/40”) , L (40”/42”) , XL (42”/44”) , XXL (44”/46”) , XXXL (46”/48”)
Colour choices are Sky Blue or White)
Sizes - XS (8) , S (10) , M (12) , L (14) . XL (16) , XXL (18)
Colour - Navy Blue
Sizes - XS (34”/36””) , S (36”/38”) , M (38”/40”) , L (40”/42”) , XL (42”/44”) , XXL (44”/46
Nationals 2013 logo will be embroidered on front patch pocket area. Boat names and numbers of entrants who pre-order shirts before Sunday 23rd June 2013 will be listed, (in print), on the rear of all shirts. (n.b. boat names and numbers shown on garment sample images are for illustrative purposes only).
2009 UK Nationals - Entry Form etc
52nd Osprey Class UK National Championships
Mounts Bay Sailing Club
26th July to 29th July
Number of entries is 43
Results after final day (29th July)
The Osprey Class 2009 UK National Championships is being held under the burgee of Mounts Bay Sailing Club , based in Marizion, Cornwall, commencing with Registration on Saturday 25th July 2009 and conclude with the final races and prizegiving on Wednesday 29th July 2009.
In terms of accomodation, you should have planned your accomodation by now, as this is a popular tourist area. If you still have to plan your accomodation the Visit West Cornwall web site might be useful.
Mounts Bay Sailing Club first hosted the National Championships 50 years ago in 1959 and has done so on 7 other occasions prior to this year, the last time the National Championships were held at the club was in 1994 - 15 years ago. The Mounts Bay venue holds the record for the most number of Ospreys participating in a UK National Championsips with 123 boats in 1976. (Webmaster note - Any chance of repeating the feat or even getting close )
The 2009 Osprey Class UK National Championship Notice of Race, Entry Form and Parental/Guardian Declaration Form, which will be required for each competitor who will be under 18 years of age on Saturday 25th July 2009, will be available for download via the links below in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Results after final day 29th July
- Day 1 & 2 report at Yachts and Yachting
- Day 3 report at Yachts and Yachting
- Final day report at Yachts and Yachting
- Photo gallery at Yachts and Yachting
- Notice of Race
- Entry Form - early entries accepted until 1st June, saving money
- Parental/Guardian Declaration Form
- Preliminary Sailing Instructions - Official SI's will be issued at registration. Provisional or the official Sailing instructions may be available from this website, please check occasionally.
- Entry List - in PDF format, 43 entries by end of registration on Sunday, 26th July 2009
- Boats, Crews & Helms wanted & available - see Gossip Forum
- Important please read - Osprey Class Membership reminder & boat scrutiny checks
A raffle/draw is now starting to take shape. The income will go towards Nationals costs as well as a donation being made to the Mounts Bay branch of the Tall Ships Youth Trust.
Prizes pledged to the cause so far include:
- * A wetsuit and other dinghy wear from Gul,
- * 2x day return tickets to the Isles of Scilly from the Isles of Scilly Steamship Company,
- * 2x surfing lessons from Global Boarders,
- * 2x tickets to watch the Cornish Pirates National Championship rugby team (home fixture),
- * £20 of gift cards from Tesco Plc,
- * A kettle from Currys....
and the list continues to expand.
We are keen to now try to progress sales of tickets, but acknowledge the geographical constraints. There should be a reasonable contingent from Mounts Bay SC at the Poole Open in June, at which you will be able to make purchases. In addition, if you would like to reply to the Forum thread and identify and pledge the number of tickets you want to purchase, it will allow us to monitor potential income and ascertain how best to utilise the income. All payments for tickets must be received in full before the draw takes place at 8pm on 25th July at MBSC.
We have revised the ticket price to £2.50 each, but hope that you will want to make multiple purchases.
Many thanks - please be generous!!
(Webmaster Note - have now attached a prize draw poster for download, printing and then posting in your club )
Links to Overall Results, List of Individual Prize Winners and reports that may have been posted on Yachts & Yachting website will be available below:-
- 2009 UK National Championship overall results
- 2009 UK National Championships Special Prize Winners
Overall Report at Yachts and Yachting or here on this website
Day 3 Report at Yachts and Yachting
- Day 2 Report at Yachts and Yachting
- Day 1 Reportat Yachts and Yachting
|< Prev||Next >|